Tech Crunch noted ten technology trends changing enterprise IT yesterday. The list of ten enterprise IT trends has some old (by now) standards, and few new developments…
1. Cloud computing
2. Virtualizing everything
3. New IT buyers – departments making their own purchases
4. Rise of inside and web-based sales – fewer sales people
5. Land and expand sales model – use of free trials, freemium pricing and the like allows customers to try you out
6. Reimagining enterprise workflows – can you run your whole business from a smart phone?
7. Security moves beyond the perimeter – you need security at internal points as well
8. Data the new competitive advantage – InsideSales.com mined data to discover that a sales rep who responds within 5 minutes to a lead increases the sale rate by 10X
9. Speed kills your competitors
10. Consumer quality interfaces – employees expect internal interfaces to match the quality of their consumer experiences
Check out the full piece here for more explanation.